Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

I seem to be getting quite mild headaches always around my

I seem to be getting quite mild headaches always around my left eye. Sometimes in the brow, sometimes behind the eye, sometimes in the nose bridge on that left side. They seem to come after sneezing or having a cold, stick around for a week and then disappear, so I haven't been too worried, but they seem to be happening more and more frequently over the years. My last one was only a few weeks ago and it's come on again already! The first time it happened was a few years ago, and it was a lot more painful than the ones I get now, which I don't even take painkillers for. The headaches last for literally 5 minutes or so, two or three times a day, and then disappear. There is also a mild pressure in my nose a lot of the time, but I don't have any blockages or trouble breathing through my nose. Should I be concerned?

Thanks for using Just Answer

these are typical signs of sinusitis or sinus headaches

They usually present as headache arounf the ethmoid sinus around the eye

They can happen on leaning forward or on sneezing/coughing

I'll recommend trial of steaming and steroid nasal sprays to see if they help

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi thanks yes it is worse when I lean forward, and also when I get out the shower etc. so it seems sinus related. I'm just a bit concerned that I seem to be getting spells of them more and more frequently? I couldn't stop sneezing when I got home from a walk the other day, then the headaches started. I was surprised since I only got over a spell of them a few weeks ago. They aren't inteferring with my life at all, like I say they are very mild, but I was just concerned it could be something more sinister?

Some people only find the headaches are more noticeable with certain positions

Now that you know what it is, then you should be reassured that its nothing sinister

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Okay thanks, ***** ***** consider further testing if I continue to get a flare up every few weeks? Or since it isn't causing much discomfort shall I just continue to live with it, and take a lemsip if I need to (which always stops any pain etc in its tracks immediately)

You should do the following

Steaming, Sterimar nasal spray, Steroid nasal spray like beconase for period of 2 weeks

Lemsip if you need to but along with the above

Further testing is not needed as its quite obivous

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Okay thanks doctor I'll try it

No worries, you'll definitely get better