Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I think I have ADHD. How do I confirm it? I haven't been

I think I have ADHD. How do I confirm it?
JA: What are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about ADHD?
Customer: I haven't been able to speak to a doctor. I'm at university and it's difficult to get a hold of our therapists.
JA: Got it. When was your last doctor visit? What did you discuss?
Customer: I haven't seen a doctor at all This is my first time
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No, I don't think so

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hello Doctor
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I'd prefer to keep typing if that's alright

I am sorry for your symptoms. I understand your concern.

Coming to going further on evaluation and management -

There's no test to positively diagnose psychosis. However, your GP will ask about your symptoms and possible causes.

For example, they may ask you:

• whether you're taking any medicines

• whether you've been taking illegal substances

• how your moods have been – for example, whether you've been depressed

• how you've been functioning day-to-day – for example, whether you're still working

• whether you have a family history of mental health conditions, such as schizophrenia

• about the details of your hallucinations, such as whether you've heard voices

• about the details of your delusions, such as whether you feel people are controlling you

• about any other symptoms you have

Referral

The evidence supporting the early treatment of psychosis means you're likely to be referred to a specialist urgently.

Who you're referred to will depend on the services available in your area. You may be referred to:

• a community mental health team – a team of mental health professionals who provide support to people with complex mental health conditions

• a crisis resolution team – a team of mental health professionals who treat people who would otherwise require treatment in hospital

• an early intervention team – a team of mental health professionals who work with people who have experienced their first episode of psychosis

These teams are likely to include some or all of the following healthcare professionals:

• a psychiatrist – a qualified medical doctor who has received further training in treating mental health conditions

• a community mental health nurse – a nurse with specialist training in mental health conditions

• a psychologist – a healthcare professional who specialises in the assessment and treatment of mental health conditions.

May I suggest you discuss these possibilities with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Hello, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here texting please.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I just want to confirm, you think I should contact my GP to get a referral?

Yes please - that is the best way to confirm.