Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

For the last few days, I have been experiencing sharp neck

For the last few days, I have been experiencing sharp neck and shoulder pain and what ever I try pain killers, Voltarol, Fenbid Gel, Heatwraps they do not work. I am now in some pain and I cannot see a way out.
JA: How long have you been using Voltaren? Has it helped at all?
Customer: Peter Halliday
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the shoulder pain?
Customer: Cannot speak to him until Wednesday
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have recently had a back operation and I am a diabetic.

Thanks for uisng Just Answer

You have muscle spasms and need medication such as Diazepam that would help as muscle relaxant

This can be taken along with stronger painkillers like cocodamol and naproxen

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The trouble is that I am in quite a deal of pain at the moment and I cannot see that I shall be able sleep, it was similarly difficult last night.

Sorry its too late to take calls tonight

If you're in that much pain, then you should be attending A+E for the medication I've suggested

Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience: MB ChB DRCOG
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is the call on its way ?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
You could have told me earlier. Presumably, no call, no charge ?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
But i never received the call as AO then decided it was too late !
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Alina-Moderator
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Please do not bother as I am having a phone appointment with my GP tomorrow morning.