Ask a Doctor and Get an Answer to Your Medical Question ASAP
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
Your age and gender?
What would you like to know?
How long are you constipated?
What you mean by it? Not having bowel movements? Straining during bowel movements? Passing hard stools?
Are you a diabetic?
On any opioids or calcium supplements?
What laxative are you taking?
For good bowel movements the following are important-
1. Adequate fiber intake.(Lot of vegetables, fruits, prone juice). Take fiber supplements like metamucil
2. Drink adequate amount of fluids
3. Adequate physical activity. At least 30 minutes of brisk walking every day
4. Fix a time for bowel movements everyday
5. Never ignore the urge to defecate
Now for the current issue-
1. Use Fleet enema
2. Take Lactulose and Linaclotide (Linzess)