Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

My partner has been suffering with burning pain from the

Hi my partner has been suffering with burning pain from the urethra it radiates to her thighs, she had multiple courses of antibiotics when it started 6 years ago. She had a mri, camera in the bladder, urethra dilation and a pelvic ultrascan none of which found anything wrong she is still in pain and living with it after referrals to the pain clinic she was prescribed 20mg a day amytripilin she says it only masks the pain and has regular flair ups I worry for the long term side effects for her and I also feel for her having to learn to live with it she has white blood cells in every urine test she has but shows no infections is there any advice you could give to resolve this thanks
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: The pain did start from a uti 6 years ago but has just never gone away

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

I am sorry to hear about your partner. If this is still ongoing then it could suggest Interstitial Cystitis. I would therefore ask to discuss with Urology again as bladder installations may be of benefit.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Okay thank you for the response

That is my pleasure, worth exploring it again with Urology.

All the best.