Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I'm getting a lot of buzzing, electrical feelings throughout

Customer Question

I'm getting a lot of buzzing, electrical feelings throughout my body and legs, I have had shooting pains down the inside of my forearm into the inside of my wrist along with feeling nauseous and not good at all. Couldn't sleep with all the body buzzing and vibrating from the inside and had a racing heart rate aswell. Still having pains down the inside arm to the wrist and some in the front of the neck now and the buzzing in the crotch area.
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

How long have you had these sensations?

Have you seen a doctor for this?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Such sensations in various parts of the body are called Paresthesias.
The different types of abnormal sensations that are experienced include vibration, tingling, pricking, burning or numbness. They may occur in a patch of skin or over a whole limb. Although more common n the limbs, they can occur on a patch of skin anywhere in the body including the face, thorax, etc.

Paresthesias occur due to a sensation in the nerves. This can occur due to diabetes, thyroid disorders, stress, anxiety, aging, etc. You should first check up with your doctor to check for these conditions, specially diabetes and hypothyroidism.

There are various ways to treat Paresthesias. This also depends on the cause. In general, Maintaining optimum weight, proper diet, vitamin supplements, exercise, treating stress and depression will help in reducing the symptoms. You should try to achieve this at home. You should also take Vitamin B and Vitamin E supplements which are available at all pharmacies. You should also go for regular exercise.

If these steps do not help, you need to consult a neurologist for this. You may need tests like Nerve conduction tests to diagnose your condition.

Medicines like gabapentin and lyrica are prescribed for this - discuss this with your doctor - they will give you relief.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm a 36 year old male. 5ft 11" 165lbs
I've had thyroid bloods done a results came back fine. Blood sugar for diabetes came back fine.
The buzzing sensation in crotch and legs has been here a few weeks. The shooting pains have been coming and going for a few months. They are sharp shooting pains. Always feel like they are next to arteries, ie neck, wrist, chest etc

This is Paresthesia.

You should take the steps I mentioned.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Glad to help.