Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

Is this chat free? I just need help with anxiety and feeling

Customer Question

Is this chat free?
JA: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: I just need help with anxiety and feeling insecure about my self
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: For awhile I’d say just over a year now & I think I’ve always felt insecure but ever since my partner cheated it’s gotten worse and I don’t know how to control it (I’m still with him we’re working on things)
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that’s it
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 12 days ago.

What are your age and gender?

What are the treatments done for anxiety and feeling insecure?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
21 female what do you mean what treatments?

Thanks for the further information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes.

Unless you wish to speak in person, you can ignore the request for a phone call - that is automatically generated by the website, not by me.

The best way to deal with anxiety, insecurity and stress is a comprehensive approach. It can be treated by the following measures by yourself;

1) Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and operant-behavioral therapy (OBT); done by a psychologist but there is an internet-based approach nowadays too. CBT has higher efficacy and lower relapse rates.

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/drugs-and-treatments/cognitive-behavioural-therapy-cbt/cbt-sessions/

https://www.online-therapy.com/how_it_works.php

2) Relaxation training and biofeedback.

3) Hypnosis

4) Acupuncture and acupressure

5) Yoga

6) Meditation

7) Group sporting activities

8) St. John's wort

9) Melatonin
10) Valerian root

11) Deep breathing exercises.

A major component of therapy involves understanding and assuring yourself that the symptoms are neither from a serious medical condition nor from a mental deficiency but rather from a chemical imbalance in the fight or flight response. Alprazolam (Xanax) has been widely used for anxiety disorder, but it is currently discouraged because of its higher dependence potential.

CBT helps to understand how automatic thoughts and false beliefs/distortions lead to exaggerated emotional responses, such as anxiety, and how they can lead to secondary behavioral consequences. Cognitive restructuring involves substituting positive thoughts and getting rid of negative thoughts. Some studies have suggested that high importance to religion and religious practices also improve anxiety symptoms and prevent recurrences.

Please feel free for your follow-up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.