Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I HAVE A DIFFICULT TOOTH EXTRACTION BEING A LOWER BACK

Customer Question

I HAVE A DIFFICULT TOOTH EXTRACTION BEING A LOWER BACK DOUBLE TOOTH BUT MY DENTIST HAS NOT SUGGESTED SEDATION WHICH WORRIES ME
JA: Have you had any past treatments or tests related to the extraction? If so, what were the results?
Customer: CHANGE OF DENTIST AND NO TESTS SO FAR
JA: Got it. Can you see or feel anything else in your mouth that is causing concern?
Customer: I HAVE HAD AN INFECTION BY THIS TOOTH AND ANTIBIOTICS
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: I HAVE A SLIGHT HEART PROBLEM WHERE BY MY HEART MISSES A BEAT NOW AND AGAIN
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 16 days ago.

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

I am sorry to hear this. This can certainly be quite concerning.

You should ask your dentist about sedation, they can then refer you to a local centre who can do this. As local dentists don't tend to use sedation due to the safety and monitoring aspect of this.