Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

Chiropodist this morning said corns on left foot toes caused

Customer Question

chiropodist this morning said corns on left foot toes caused by swelling of the ankle. what is the remedy?
JA: How long have you had the swelling? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: 5-6 weeks, no medication. Chir0podist suggested sitting with leg raised above hip level and flexing the ankle by drawing toes towards the b0dy
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the swelling?
Customer: telephone appointment this morning face to face visit next Thursday
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: having 3 weekly blood transfusions for bone marrow deficiency next transfusion Wednesday 5th May which is why doctor could not see me until Thursday 4th
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 13 days ago.

What is your age?

Please post a picture of corns. Have you done any treatment for corns?

Since when do you have ankle swelling and is it on both the side? What is the cause identified for ankle swelling?

Swelling of the ankle alone cannot be the causative of corns on foot toes.

The toe corns can be treated by;

1) Putting the foot in warm water for 10 minutes. Dry it after soaking and apply coroplast for 36 hours. Corns would come off.

2) Electrocautery also can resolve the corns as an office procedure.

Edema of the ankle can resolve by;

1) Avoid prolonged standing or walking for long distances in a single stretch.

2) Whenever you sit; keep your legs elevated on a chair or a sofa or stool. Do not hang the legs, otherwise, gravity will increase the swelling.

3) Exercises/physical therapy

a) Lie down straight and raise your leg and feet for 10-20 seconds. Repeat this ten times (twice a day whole set).

b) When you sit; pull the feet towards you for 10-20 seconds. Repeat it ten times twice a day.

4) Raise the legend of your bed by 6 inches.

I wish your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.