Swelling of the ankle alone cannot be the causative of corns on foot toes.
The toe corns can be treated by;
1) Putting the foot in warm water for 10 minutes. Dry it after soaking and apply coroplast for 36 hours. Corns would come off.
2) Electrocautery also can resolve the corns as an office procedure.
Edema of the ankle can resolve by;
1) Avoid prolonged standing or walking for long distances in a single stretch.
2) Whenever you sit; keep your legs elevated on a chair or a sofa or stool. Do not hang the legs, otherwise, gravity will increase the swelling.
3) Exercises/physical therapy
a) Lie down straight and raise your leg and feet for 10-20 seconds. Repeat this ten times (twice a day whole set).
b) When you sit; pull the feet towards you for 10-20 seconds. Repeat it ten times twice a day.
4) Raise the legend of your bed by 6 inches.
I wish your symptoms resolve soon.
I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.