Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

Im46 yes old I take warfin tablets,I was wondering am I’m

Customer Question

Hi doctor, im46 yes old I take warfin tablets,I was wondering am I’m going through my menopause starting and when I do what happens with my periods with my blood
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: regular I should of had them on the 26th of every month I was just wondering I’m not pregnant ,I was just wondering about my tablets and blood
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I’m just sitting here thing all different things I’m a bit stressed at mo
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 18 days ago.

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

Peri menopause can be when periods start to get lighter, occasionally heavier, but often more irregular. There are also other symptoms such as brain fog and night sweats.

It can be assessed with a blood test to check something called your FSH level (Follicle Stimulating Hormone). This hormone is to stimulate your ovaries, therefore in menopause when ovaries start to fail, the FSH level goes higher and higher. This would be what can be used to diagnose peri menopause.

It would be reasonable to do a blood test to check this first.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you I’m just worried and wondering about my body with my age,I have two girls so I know I’m not pregnant it’s just my body could it be menopause or it’s two early
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Sorry I didn’t know I have to pay for ur help I leave it now sorry to bother you
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Can u cancel my bank details after you take my payment please thank you
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you for responding no call thanks for ur help by for now

No problem, so menopause can happen from the 30s but this is certainly very early. So at 46 years, yes this is very possible.

I cannot cancel any payment as I can only provide to the questions you ask.

If you go to contact us via the Just Answer.co.uk page then they can cancel your membership for you. Please do this to prevent future payments.

Take care.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 16 days ago.

No worries, have a nice weekend.