Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

I have a yellow spot like thing on my left tonsil. I went to

Customer Question

Hi, I have a yellow spot like thing on my left tonsil. I went to see my GP and she checked my throat physically by touching it and said I don't have any raised nodes and everything is ok. She said I shouldn't be worried about it and gave me Calvepen 666mg for a week. Its my fourth day but the yellow spot hasn't gone. She said she has referred me to the ENT as well but its nothing urgent as I said I do get the food debris stuck on my tonsils sometime. I don't have any pain in my throat and she checked both tonsils were of the same size. Its just the yellow spot. My throat doesn't hurt, I don't have any raised nodes or lumps or anything. I got my blood tests done a month back and all were fine. Can you please advise?
JA: When did you start using this medication? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: no side effects
JA: Got it. Have you used anything else for this?
Customer: no
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
Expert:  Anthony Osula replied 7 days ago.

Thanks for using just answer

Kindly send a picture of your tonsil

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
File attached (TGLS2MP)

maybe its the lighting, but I cant see anything yellow there

I'll advise wait for day 7 and gargle with salt and water 4 times a day

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks Doctor. Could you also confirm if the tonsils are appearing as normal. My GP did check that and said the size is normal with no raised nodes or any lumps in my neck?

Indeed, they both look very normal to me

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks Doctor

No worries