Dr.Shakeel Ansari
Dr.Shakeel Ansari, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Diploma clinical Neurology
111828307

How expensive is a machine to be used in the home instead of

Customer Question

how expensive is a machine to be used in the home instead of going into hospital.
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: this is for my husband aged 88 who has been self catheterising for several years and his flow had reduced considerably.
JA: Got it. Has your husband seen a doctor about this?
Customer: when he rang the GP he was told he would have a call back, which he die, from a practice nurse who suggested he go to urology at our local hospital but it has move and id no longer there.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in his medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: not really, he has prostate cancer for which he has a blood test every 3 months and it has not worsened according to his PSA. he takes tamsulosin.
Expert:  Dr.Shakeel Ansari replied 11 days ago.

Hi, this is Dr Ansari, welcome to JA.

May I know what type of machine you are referring to here? I suppose your husband has Ca Prostate. This cancer spread locally than in remote areas, most commonly it is to bone, so in follow up pelvic imaging is also important.

Dr.Ansari

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
he has had prostate cancer for about 6 years and it is being kept as a watching brief using PSA levels which are between 16 and 20. his problem is not his prostate but his reduced urination. he keeps a measure of all liquid intake and all output and the output has reduced and his ankles and legs have swollen.
Expert:  Dr.Shakeel Ansari replied 10 days ago.

Take him to A&E, cannot manage at home.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
thank you, ***** ***** do that.
Expert:  Dr.Shakeel Ansari replied 9 days ago.

You are most welcome.