Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

I had my AstraZeneca shot 11 weeks ago. The injection site

I had my AstraZeneca shot 11 weeks ago. The injection site still has not healed. It is only a small red spot...about half an inch--but where the needle went in still bleeds. What does this mean?
JA: Have you used any medication for the redness?
Customer: No, it is really minor. I'm more worried about the fact that the needle entry is still bleeding little drops.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the redness?
Customer: No. It's not very red, and it is not itchy or painful. However, I have had a demodex explosion since the shot.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have had NO OTHER SHOTS, not one, since childhood in the 1950s. I'm 73 now. I also have taken no antibiotics since I was 32. No major illnesses, no surgeries.

Thanks for using just answer

Can you send a picture of this red spot?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have one someplace. It might be a minute until I find it.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I found it, but I don't think it will show up well. I might just and see if it goes away. It doesn't hurt; there is nothing to it except the little drops of blood if I am rubbing my arm and open the tiny little scab.

So its still scabbed from 3 months ago?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
but it is really tiny, just a pin prick.

Usually bleeding should stop after 11 minutes

If you're still bleeding few weeks/months later and the scab is not healing, then thats a concern and you need to be checked out urgently

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
OK. Thanks. I'll call the surgery.

You're welcome