How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Elliot Ruff Your Own Question
Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 3900
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Elliot Ruff is online now

I would like to be assessed for bpd, i am a mental health

Customer Question

i would like to be assessed for bpd
JA: Have you spoken to a mental health professional about this?
Customer: i am a mental health professional
JA: Got it. How have you been sleeping? Any insomnia or other issues?
Customer: i do not sleep well
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: i have suffered in the past from anorexia and bulimia but only for a short period
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 16 days ago.

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am new to this service
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have asked for a psychiatrist not a gp
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 16 days ago.

We can help with advice and guidance, however cannot provide any formal assessment.

BPD as you know is a psychological condition with psychological therapies, therefore typically the symptoms are managed rather a formal diagnosis. On the NHS psychiatry would rarely see you unless you had tried counselling and help via your GP first.

However this is not to say you cannot request your GP refers as this is where it would be triaged.

Otherwise a private psychiatrist would be what you need.

Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 16 days ago.

If you are self funding then a referral is not required and you can contact a private psychiatrist yourself directly.

If you let me know where you are based I am happy to help find a local provider.