Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

How much would it be for a consultation with a doctor? I

Customer Question

How much would it be for a consultation with a doctor?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have an ongoing problem with my current doctors. I need diabetes medication and they're not giving me medication
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Metformin I'm not allergic to anything
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: How much is it?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I was on sitagliptin metformin combination 1000 mg 2 per day after meals which worked perfect for me. Unfortunately I am Schizophrenic and I overdosed myself, which i highly regret now as I am suffering from diabetes now i.e severe ear aches and diabetic boils. I know this is wrong but my ear aches were too severe so I took my dads metformin 500mg 4 times a day as and when i ate. The doctors are only prescribing me a measly 50mg sitagliptin which isn't sufficient enough for my body and my diet. So the problem is now i went for a blood test a non fasting Hbc1a and my GPs are now stating that my blood levels are fine and disregarding my current health. They're not taking into consideration my intake of medication prior to the blood test. My doctors are being difficult and i am having trouble getting my old medication back. If you require any form of tests i can carry that out. Please if you can help that would be great, i will be registered with you. Thank you very much in advance.
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 11 days ago.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about what's gone on. We don't actually register patients or prescribe here as it's a service purely for advice only but I would suggest that you ask your GP practice for a second opinion which is your legal right and you should see an impartial alternative GP, explain the situation and likely have another HBA1C level taken and further medication based on this. If for some reason (I can't see why they would) they refuse, ask them to instead refer you to an endocrinologist who can take over your diabetes care.