Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I'm sick of repeating myself i am not filling a form in for

Customer Question

I'm sick of repeating myself i am not filling a form in for a trial I don't want i just want to speak to a doctor
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No I'm not taking medication I have a cold I can't get rid of I've had since Xmas and my chest feels tight but I'm not allowed to take my inhalers as the doctors say I am not 7sing them properly and I'm epileptic as well with a massive headache
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: The headache has just come on no nausea
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'm epileptic
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 14 days ago.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry to hear about the symptoms you've had. Has your doctor given you a 'spacer device' to help you get the best benefit out of your inhaler? It often helps a lot when people struggle to use them as intended.

I'd advise you to ask them for one as it makes using an inhaler a lot easier and it increases the effective dose you get from each puff, I use one myself. In terms of the persistent cold I'd advise you stay very well hydrated and try to get some exercise in at least 3-5 times a week alongside a daily multivitamin in case of deficiency, particularly in Zinc.