Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

Can you help

Can you help

Hi, thank you for getting in touch. How can I help?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
i suffer from bad anxiety i havent had a full on panic attack in a while i have been so good, earlier i went out for a few alcoholic beverages and i had a huge panic attack i couldnt speak properly, i was shaking, felt like i was gonna die chest pressure and pain this was 3 hours ago , im 19 ive had normal echo, multiple ecg, chest x ray, troponin tests and been seen by 12+ doctors and none have ever found anything wrong with my heart
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Report from cardiologist

Hi, I'm really sorry to hear that, it actually sounds a lot like you had a panic attack to me, which can often feel like a heart attack but isn't. I'm also really pleased to see your letter and excellent results in scan, ECG and blood tests which is great. I would focus on breathing exercises and would really recommend some counselling, I've referred numerous patients for talking therapy like cognitive behavioural therapy and you wouldn't believe how helpful it's been for some, really remarkable and I think you would potentially benefit greatly from it and developing coping mechanisms if you ever have such symptoms again.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Its just scary im 19 i shouldnt be livinh my life in fear of a heary attack

I understand but imagine if you will that actually, it had nothing to do with your heart and was all based on anxiety, think what a shame it would be for your life to be dominated by that anxiety so that you couldn't ever enjoy life, and yet there are treatments for anxiety that could free you from this fear. It's just my advice but I honestly truly feel it would help you more than any medication or procedure would. Think about it.

Think of it like you have a broken leg and we have the cast and everything ready to help, you just need to engage with it.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thats really good advice thankyou the risk of heart attack my age nd normal tests is almost 0%

You're so welcome. Now when able, start looking at CBT in your area, ask your GP for help if needed to see them but please do it. I have no doubt you'll really benefit from it young man and I have no doubt you're going to be fine. If you could leave a positive review I'd be really grateful, wishing you the very best moving forwards :)