Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

My daughter has a mole on her vulva, no, no

Customer Question

My daughter has a mole on her vulva
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My 6 year old daughter had worms a few months ago and i noticed she had a mole on her vulva is this anything to be concerned about
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 12 days ago.

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

So a mole on the vulva if new should be checked. It doesn't mean this is a concern, but if this could be a new lesion and a mole, then it should be assessed to be certain nothing needs to be done about it.

This is something your GP would be able to check for you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
As she is only 6 and due to the area i would of never known. On moles in this area normal can you get a mole anywhere ?

That is the tricky thing with moles. They can indeed appear anywhere.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
there isn’t any need to have alarm bells ringing as she has one there it is reasonably common.I have checked and it meets all the criteria of a normal mole like all moles on her i always check regularly for change does that criteria go for that area also? I know when there younger they will continue to get new moles but as it was down below i weren't sure whether it was normal to get them there
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
She only has 5 moles all in al and all meet the criteria of a healthy mole

That is right, but any new mole should be checked especially if you are unsure how long it has been there.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok , even though its common for children to produce new moles up to there s teenagers if it was anything sinister its been there fir 4 months there would been changed or some sort of sign. I suffer with Health Aniexty hence why im over thinking . Am i right in thinking of its in the guidelines its should be fine

Yes, it is all about changes. Any sign of something changing. The reason I was saying to ask your doctor is more about this being in an area which would not be commonly observed.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Many thanks i do appreciate your reassurance. Kind Regards ***** *****

That is my pleasure, have a nice day.