Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I have rash on my face that has been there for around 2

Customer Question

Hey, I have rash on my face that has been there for around 2 weeks now and isn't clearing up, its very red and has small spots as well as it being quite dry
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: 2 weeks and no
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I don't believe so
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 17 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital.

Skin conditions are always best diagnosed and treated after seeing them directly. May I request you to upload some images please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
File attached (6QQ5LGQ)
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I don't want a phone call
  1. Since how long have you had this Rash?

2. Are you experiencing any itching or burning or pain sensation in the local region?

3. Do you have diarrhea when you develop a flare of this Rash?

4. Is there any personal or family history of Psoriasis or atopic dermatitis?

5. Did you have Herpes in the past?

6. Do any of the other family members or social contacts have similar rash?

Hello, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here texting please.

Please answer my questions in writing.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I've had the rash around 2 weeks and no to the rest of the questions, are you a prescriber if not then you can't help

Hello... thank you for getting back with the images.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the images I feel that the possibility is eczema.

Eczema is a skin condition that makes your skin itchy and flaky. We do not know what causes it. Eczema often happens in people who have allergies. It can also run in families. Another term for eczema is atopic dermatitis.

The symptoms of eczema can include - Intense itching, redness, small bumps, skin that flakes off or forms scales.

Use unscented thick moisturizing creams and ointments to keep the skin from getting too dry. Also, try to avoid things like - Being too hot or sweating too much, being in very dry air, stress or worry, sudden temperature changes, harsh soaps or cleaning products, perfumes, wool or synthetic fabrics (like polyester).

Treatment modalities include moisturizing lotions, steroid creams, immunomodulatory drugs, antihistamines and phototherapy.

I suggest -

1. Tablet Hydroxizine 25mg at 12am/6am/12pm/6pm (Non OTC) (as the itching is severe)

2. Syrup Benadryl (12.5mg/5ml) 10ml at 3am/9am/3pm/9pm (OTC) (as the itching is severe)

3. Topical emollients and lotions will help.

4. Do not apply Calamine lotion as sometimes it may aggravate the situation please.

5. If this not showing effect in 48 hours you can apply 1% Hydrocortisone cream twice a day for 7 days and the once daily in the morning for another 7 days and then stop it please.

I usually suggest this with excellent results.

https://www.aveeno.com/products/eczema-therapy-moisturizing-cream

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you.In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani