Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I suddenly find I only have 3mg Warfarin left. The local

Customer Question

I suddenly find I only have 3mg Warfarin left. The local surgery will take seven days when they reopen. Tesco, at Rose*****, *****isle, suggested I contact you, to authorise collection from them today.
JA: How long have you been using Warfarin? Has it helped at all?
Customer: 11years. Hope it has!
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: I just renew collect tabs each month, but have regular checks on blood.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
All I wish to know is can you authorise 3mg Warfarin for me to collect fr Tesco Rosehill Carlisle?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Am I still connected to someone who can help?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Forgot to mention that the reason put on Warfarin was TIA
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 12 days ago.

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

I am sorry but this is an advice and guidance service, we do not prescribe.

Often you will be able to get this if you ask the Pharmacy where you normally collect your prescription as they will often provide a few days in urgent situations. Does the pharmacy do your INR checks or your GP?

If not, phone 111 ASAP please as they are likely to get this to you today.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Pharmacy and GP both in same practice. Have tried phoning 111 they advised me to go online. Wish I had been tole earlier( one hour in fact), that you could not prescribe. I will not take this any further and see how I am without tablets. Thank you.

I would therefore ask your pharmacy if they are open, they are able to issue Warfarin if you can demonstrate you take it and provide proof.

I wish you all the best.