Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I give off a very bad body odour after eating certain foods

Customer Question

Hi, I give off a very bad body odour after eating certain foods and can not lose weight no matter how hard i try
JA: How long have you had the odor? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: i have had it for three years now and no, i havent used any medication. It is not as bad as it was 2 years ago as i have cut out milk and sugar from my diet.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the odor?
Customer: No i have not
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 10 days ago.

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

I am sorry to hear you experience this. Do you mean bad breath after you eat?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you Dr. I have bad breath and just smell generally and in summer, my sweat is awful as well.

Okay thanks, ***** ***** breath is more likely to do with reflux, where acid comes up with partially undigested food which can give a unpleasant odour. I would consider trying Esomeprazole which you can buy over the counter to see if this helps first.

As to the sweat that smells, get a blood test to assess this first as this is not a common symptom.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you Dr

That is my pleasure, take care.