Dr.Shakeel Ansari
Dr.Shakeel Ansari, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Diploma clinical Neurology
111828307

I am having a lot of panic and anxiety, I am very emotional

I am having a lot of panic and anxiety, I am very emotional and tearful. I am under a lot of stress at work. I am on 45mg of Mirtazipne for depression, I wonder if this is adding to the anxiety.
JA: How long have you been taking Mirtazapine? Any recent changes in dosage?
Customer: I am scared of all sorts of things, work related - that will end in "something bad" Yes
JA: Got it. How have you been sleeping? Any insomnia or other issues?
Customer: Came off 100mg sertraline & 15mg of mirtazipne - and replaced with 45 mg of mirtazipine about 2 months ago
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: Sleeping has been bad going to work at 2 am hot sweats, wake up in a panic, lie awake for hours
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am increasingly forgetful, in a matter of seconds.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The worry, anxiety and instant panic is constant.

Hi, welcome to JA.

You may need to take a mood stabilizer along with this Mirtazapine. Please consult your doctor. If mirtazapine does not suit you he may review it to change to Cipralex with a short course of Xanax. For Acute panic has to go to A&E

Dr Ansari

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am unable to rate service as yet, as I have to consult my doctor as you suggest? I will rate you after speaking to my doctor on Tuesday.

These are my suggestion your doctor is the best judge ultimately you have to follow him. No worries about the rating. I prefer your health, be safe and healthy.