Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

Headache (5 weeks); tight neck pain (5 weeks); nausea no

Customer Question

headache (5 weeks); tight neck pain (5 weeks); nausea no vomiting; very heavy limbs and previously pins and needles in both arms
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: constant
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: non responsive to headache medication (paracetamol or nurofen)
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 9 days ago.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. It sounds as though you may be suffering from migraine, possibly complex migraine with paraesthesia. You may get a little relief from standard painkillers like the ones you've mentioned but usually a dark room and quiet environment, plenty of hydration can also help. I'd also advise you speak to your GP about potentially taking a medication such as amitriptylline 10mg taken nightly, which can help treat it very well and get you a more restful sleep at night. I hope that helps, all the very best.