Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I’m suffering with stomach pains sickness sometimes loose

Customer Question

I’m suffering with stomach pains sickness sometimes loose stools this comes and goes in the last month I’ve had it at least 4 times
JA: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: the pains come like cramps then I’m sick and burp which taste and smell like bad egg
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that’s all
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 10 days ago.
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Hello... I understand your concern. I need some more information please.1. May I know your age and gender please?
2. Do you have alternating constipation and diarrhea?
3. Do you have this mucoid or loose stools and stomach cramps during periods of either physical or psychological stress?
4. Since how long have you had all these symptoms?
5. Are you experiencing any loss of appetite or unintentional significant weight loss?
6. Is there any intermittent or recurrent fever?
7. Is there any family history of inflammatory bowel disease?
8. Is there any family history of autoimmune disorders?
9. Are you experiencing any intermittent Rash or joint pains?Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
42 female
Yes
Yes
Over 1 month
Loss appetite
No fever
Yes my dad
No
No
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I don’t want to call
Hello, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here texting please.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that you may be having Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).Irritable bowel syndrome, or "IBS," is a condition that causes belly pain and problems with bowel movements. Some people with the condition have frequent, watery bowel movements (diarrhea). Others do not have enough bowel movements (constipation). Some patients switch back and forth between diarrhea and constipation.Symptoms include:- Stomach pain and cramps, related to a bowel movement
- Diarrhea or constipation (some people switch back and forth between diarrhea and constipation)
- Bloating
- GasThere is no specific test or investigation of choice.You can:- Start a diary to keep track of what you ate each day, what you did, and how you felt. That way, you can figure out if anything you do or eat makes your symptoms better or worse.
- Stop eating foods that might be making your IBS worse. Start by giving up foods that give you gas, and then give up milk, ice cream, and other foods that have traces of milk for 2 weeks.
- Eat more fiber, if you have constipation. You can do this by eating more fruits and vegetables. Or you can take fiber pills or powders. (If eating more fiber makes symptoms worse, cut back on the fiber.)
- Exercise. Do something active for 20 to 60 minutes, 3 to 5 days a week. Studies show this helps improve IBS symptoms.Medicines can ease the symptoms of IBS. But no treatment can cure the condition.Counseling might also help with IBS, because stress and worry can make the condition worse.The medicines that can help with IBS symptoms include:- Medicines to ease diarrhea
- Medicines to ease constipation
- Antidepressants – These medicines work by blocking pain. When used to treat IBS, they are given at a much lower dose than would normally be given to treat depression.
- Medicines called "antispasmodics"
- Antibiotics – These medicines sometimes help with bloating and diarrhea in some people.May I suggest you discuss this with your primary care physician or gastroenterologist and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.
I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani