Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I had vein removal by laser on both legs and since my

Customer Question

I had vein removal by laser on both legs and since my procedure I seem to be getting a lot of spider veins
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: no just more noticeable veins appeared since operation
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 16 days ago.

Hi thanks for getting in touch. If larger veins are essentially blocked by the laser, other veins often begin to develop so that they can take over the job that was previously done by the treated veins. There are some things you can do to help such as wearing compression stockings and making sure weight and blood pressure are under control. Other than this, sometimes further laser therapy is needed for the newly developed veins as well.