Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I want to know if I have a personality disorder, No only

I want to know if I have a personality disorder
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No only citalapram for depression but it feels like more than depression
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: About 5 years not really no I find it very hard to talk about
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that's everything thank you

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

What symptoms do you have that makes you want to see if you have a Personality Disorder?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I get really bad depressive episodes but I usually feel them coming and they progressively get worse and worse until I feel like I wanna die and then out of the blue they will go for weeks or months and I'll be normal and then randomly I'll get really hyper some times but like really energetic and weird bit these only last max 2 days but it's happened around my partner and he's will mention how weird I get and it just happens random and I know that it's happened cause I don't understand why I acted like that but then I'll go back to normal for a bit I mostly get the depressive episodes but it's like a spiral it just gets worse and worse and I feel like something really bad is coming

Okay thanks, ***** ***** is possible there are some Personality Disorder traits from what you say, but a Personality Disorder is more about persistent abnormal patterns of behaviour, i.e. it is your personality.

It sounds like you suffer from depression.

https://patient.info/doctor/personality-disorders-and-psychopathy#nav-1

Have a read of this article and see what you think. I can help you find a Psychiatrist if you would like an appointment to assess this formerly.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I will have a read but it would be nice to talk to a psychiatrist my sister has a friend with bipolar and is worried I might have it as well

Where are you based please?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
In herne bay Kent

https://www.priorygroup.com/locations/priory-wellbeing-centre-canterbury

The Priory group is a good provider, try calling them and asking for an appointment.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Okay thank you very much

That is my pleasure, I wish you all the best with this.