Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I started with a cold last Thursday. Cough, headache, sore

Customer Question

i started with a cold last Thursday. Cough, headache, sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, blocked ears and lethargy. All symptoms have subsided, apart from the sore throat. I don’t have a temp. No white spots but my throat looks like it’s red raw. Feels like it’s on fire and it hurts to swallow
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the skin issue better or worse?
Customer: For over a week now. Nothing alleviates the burning and the pain
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 13 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 13 days ago.

Can you share a picture of the throat? Do you have a fever? If yes, how high?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I don’t have a fever. I’ll try to take a picture, but when I looked yesterday, it just looked really red, but I couldn’t see any white spots. It hurts every time I swallow. My lymph glands are tender and swollen. My throat is constantly burning
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 13 days ago.

Ok sure, please try.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (T567VQQ)
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 13 days ago.

Thanks a lot for your patience and I appreciate it. Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take a few minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific questions, please let me know.

If you want a phone call, I am available to call you. We can stay in the chat as well. Regards

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I can’t afford to pay for a phone call
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 13 days ago.

Respected customer, thanks a lot for your input, and thanks again for visiting justanswer.com! A great place where you can find guidance and/or solution from real experts. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Even I would get tense in this situation. I am an ENT and head & neck specialist and in my opinion, this is a viral illness and you just need to take over-the-counter available 2 Tylenol thrice daily for 5 days. The pain in swallowing is due to the inflamed throat and it will get better with Tylenol. The burning can be due to stomach acid so do take capsule omeprazole 20 mg twice daily for 7 days. I reassure you in the same way as I would have assured some of my family members that there is nothing serious behind this so please don't stress yourself.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply as I am happy to address follow-up questions. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. I will be glad to help you always. If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link, please –

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-hasan/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you very much. What can I do to alleviate the burning? Gargle salt water?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 13 days ago.

For burning, I have recommended Omeprazole. You are welcome dear, respected, and valuable customer. Your satisfaction is my prime goal. Have we discussed everything that you wanted? Thank you for choosing justanswer.com. Have a good day. Please remember to add me to your favorite doctor. Regards