Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I had pneumonia back in October last year. I still have a

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I had pneumonia back in October last year. I still have a sharp pain when I breath or cough on the left side of my lung
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: 7+ month. I feel a little tired and fatigue and also the chest pain
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

What are your age and gender?

Do you have a cough, heartburn, acid reflux, anxiety?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Female 31 I have a cough only

Thanks for the further information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes.

Unless you wish to speak in person, you can ignore the request for a phone call automatically generated by the website, not by me.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I wait for your respond

I am sorry for your symptoms.

Pneumonia may cause decreased lung capacity transiently and thus the lingering symptoms. You may need supervised chest physical therapy for 2-3 weeks. Before that, you may get a chest x-ray and a high-resolution CT scan for the evaluation. You may do the following at home;

1) Deep breathing exercises.

2) Balloon blowing 5-10 times a day.

Yoga and stretching exercises also may help you in tiredness and fatigue.

You may also start multivitamins and probiotics.

Your symptoms do not point to anything serious.

I wish your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is it normal to have chest pain and cough 7 month my original diagnosis? I was giving a 6week course of steroids. They helped but I still have some of the symptoms .
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is it normal to have chest pain and cough 7 month after my original diagnosis? I was giving a 6week course of steroids. They helped but I still have some of the symptoms .

Yes, almost 20% of people have lingering symptoms due to scarring or inadequate lung expansion after pneumonia which may cause these symptoms. Obviously, these are not normal and need treatment. Chest physical therapy is best for it.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok how can I get my doctor to refer me to the right place. The doctor is not listening to my concerns.

I am sorry, but it is a difficult question. You may ask for a referral for a pulmonologist or seek a second opinion or ask on your own for high-resolution CT or further investigative work up for your symptoms.

You may also give a reference to this conversation.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Brilliant thanks for you help.

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!

Stay blessed.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
You have indeed