Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I have relapsed from my alcohol recovery and am starting to

Customer Question

I have relapsed from my alcohol recovery and am starting to get really bad withdrawal
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I am taking sertraline, but I have been so depressed lately, so I need to get the detox medication, I have been through it many times
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: About a month, I live with my partner who is a recovering alcoholic, it nearly killed him and now he's dealing with me, it's hurting him
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: What can the doctor do for me, do I have to pay for the service
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 5 days ago.

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

I am very sorry to hear that you have this.

I would phone your local drug and alcohol service for support with this, they can provide medications if necessary to help you with this. Alternatively they can put you in touch with a Detox service if available on the NHS locally to you.

Otherwise you could contact a private facility yourself to arrange this.

I do think Drug and Alcohol addiction services will be of lot of benefit to you as it is a multi disciplinary approach.