Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have large rapid swelling in my jaw, also very painful,

Hi I have large rapid swelling in my jaw, also very painful
JA: Has the swelling been stable or getting worse? Is this a repeating or first-time issue?
Customer: first time issue - swelling seems to be getting worse
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dentist about the swelling? How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: i have not seen a dentist - the swelling started yesterday
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: the swelling is probably related to a broken tooth

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Can you please share a picture of that swelling?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ok

Are you there?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
sorry for the delay it's coming now!

Ok thanks I will confirm once I get it.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (643MG2Q)

Please point out the swelling.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
it is on the bottom right of the picture
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
maybe 2cm thick across my lower jaw on one side

Is it above the jaw or below? Is it painful to press?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
bellow the jaw and yes painful to press
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
i am taking paracetamol for it

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
below yes painful to press

Does it increases in size while you are eating?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
i don't think so - not sure !

Respected customer, thanks a lot for your input, and thanks again for visiting justanswer.com! A great place where you can find guidance and/or solution from the real experts. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Even I would get tense in this situation. This is likely to be an infected lymph node or infected submandibular salivary gland. You need to see your doctor or go to the ER as you will likely need antibiotics. Instead of tylenol do take over the counter available tablet Advil 400 mg thrice daily. However I being a head and neck surgeon reassure you that there is nothing serious like cancer behind this so please don't stress yourself.
I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply as I am happy to address follow-up questions. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. I will be glad to help you always. If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link, please –

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-hasan/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ok thank you