Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

I had an ultrasound at the gynecologist. She told me that

Hello. I had an ultrasound at the gynecologist. She told me that she seemed to have a slightly thicker endometrium around the left ovary. I wonder if you think it's possible that I don't have endometriosis after all, but the doctor replaced it with a simple cyst or something else? I had some kind of urinary tract infection that had just been cured a few days before the examination, could the ultrasound be a little weirder because of that?
The reason I ask is because I had an ultrasound 7 months ago and everything was fine. Also, I’ve read the symptoms of endometriosis and I don’t have any.
I'm definitely going for an MRI scan but I have to wait two months so I'm wondering what you think
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I explained everything already
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Everything is already explained

Welcome to justanswer.com

Do you have the ultrasound report? Please post it here.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I don't have an official report. I booked an MRI with a doctor. But he is only in 2 months and I wonder if it is possible for something like a cyst or an infection to look like endometriosis on a vaginal ultrasound?

An infection would not looks like endometriosis.

But a hemorrhagic cyst due like one which occurs during ovulation can look very like endometriosis.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Moj pregled je bio 6 dan ciklusa. Moze li i dalje to biti ta cista?
Takodjer, u slucaju da imam endometriozu na jednom jajniku, dali to moze smetati za IVF? Desni jajnik mi je potpuno u redu, takodjer nemam blokirane jajovode. Moj muz ima malo losiji spermogram i planiramo IVF

Could you write that in English, please?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My s was a 6 day cycle. Could it still be that cyst?
Also, in case I have endometriosis on one ovary, can it bother with IVF? My right ovary is completely fine, I also don’t have blocked fallopian tubes. My husband has a slightly worse spermogram and we are planning IVF.Im sorry for the previous message, I tried to check something and I send it to you by mistake

A hemorrhagic cyst can remain for quite some time after it is formed.

No, endometriosis in one ovary would not affect IVF , as long as the tubes and the other ovary is fine.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you very much. One more thing, do you think I should go for surgery in case of endometriosis on my left ovary since I have no pain and symptoms? Or do you think it would be better to try IVF and keep it under control for a while? I have already eliminated foods that have high levels of estrogen, sugar, caffeine and everything that could encourage the spread of endometriosis.

That will depend on the MRI report.

If the endometriosis is not extensive, you should try for the IVF before going for surgery.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thats great, thank you so much. Have a nice day

You are welcome.
Please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.