Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I have nose bleeds regularly at night. Is this anything I

I have nose bleeds regularly at night. Is this anything I should be concerned about?
JA: How long have you had the nosebleed? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: I have had them for about a month now, no medication taken. Although I do take blood pressure pills.
JA: The Doctor will be able to answer that. Have you seen a doctor about the nosebleed?
Customer: No, doctor is nxzot available due to the Covid situation.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Pills I am currently on are o8 Atenolol 50mg, Aspirin 75mg, Atorvastatin 40mg, Leo thyroxine sodium 100mg, Irbesartan 300mg.

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. It can be from a slightly dry nose. At this point it does not sound concerning.

you should avoid blowing your nose for a few days and can try a small amount of Vaseline in wash nostril. Another option is a cream called Naseptin but requires a prescription.

also worth making sure your blood pressure is well controlled.

if despite this and it doesn’t settle then at that point it should be examined and possibly investigated.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** nothing to be concerned about.

That is my pleasure. I hope that this settles soon