Dr.Shakeel Ansari
Dr.Shakeel Ansari, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Diploma clinical Neurology
111828307

I Tore a tendon in my left foot nearly 18 months ago and it

I Tore a tendon in my left foot nearly 18 months ago and it has improved to the point I can walk again for at least a couple of miles. However standing is an issue. I have had spells whew it feels fine then relapses. Have tried Acupuncture and seen a number of physios with no success
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Saw the doctor a year ago still.waiting for a referral. My. (private) podiatrist says its not quite Plantir but an element of it. My. Last physio said thee was a bit.of this and atropy on the heel with Fat pad dislocation.. Not taking medication.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hi, this is Dr Ansari. Welcome to JA

This may be a Ligamentous injury, not a tendon injury.

Please if possible you can upload the picture of both feet and swelling to compare.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Oh right. It seems to.be going on forever. How can I find out?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Unable to call at work

To diagnose you have to see an orthopaedic surgeon who by examination you and by x-rays ruled out the joint dislocation and bone fracture. Some times when a ligament get injured may cause a chip fracture as well.

no need to call its automated response by system

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay thanks. Is it fixable?

Yes it is and you can be normal once treated

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay thanks for your time.

You are mostwelcome.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Just one more thing... there's a small. bit of inflammation under my arch about an inch long thars never gone away though it has shrunk a bit. Does that mean anything? Thanks.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Right foot
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Left foot (problem foot)
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I feel I"ve been chasing my tail with this. Will make moves to.have it Z Rayed soon. Would that help?

OK, it's not very clear to me in pictures must be in person, so you can go to your GP to do x rays and referral to orthopaedics.

It may need some ankle support and pain meds like naproxen ( Aleve). Use diclofenac gel locally apply.

Dr Ansari

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks for your help. It's provided some clarity.

You are most welcome, take care and be safe.

Dr Ansari

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Dr Ansan provided some clarity to a long standing (no pun intended!) foot problem and was speedy and efficient in his responses.

You must have to realize that your foot got injury 18 months ago. If you evaluate by an orthopaedic doctor you will come to know where your injury is and what is wrong with it and how you can prevent it from getting worse.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** everything else and normally I would have seen one by now if it wasn't for the disruption caused by the pandemic.

You are most welcome. Good luck and be safe.