Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I have recently relocated from Croatia to as I got a good

I have recently relocated from Croatia to Dublin as I got a good job here in Ireland. I am suffering from depression and anxiety and also panic attacks. I have stayed without some medicines which are part od my pharmacotherapy, and one of these medicines is clonazepam, which is part of benzodiazepine group. And one GP told me that he cannot prescribe me medicine from benzodiazepine group because it is causing addition. And this medicine is part of my therapy and I have to get it here in Ireland, otherwise I won't be able to work or anything. Please help me.
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: Yes some doctor on duty which gave me medicine for 5 days but I don't know what to do after that 5 days as I will be without my therapy again.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, just these fact that I get very hard this medicine in Ireland and I am not functional person without it.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. I think your best bet is to ask the GP to refer you to a psychiatrist who does have the authority to prescribe what you were previously taking. It may also be worthwhile trying one of the online consultation/prescription services that exist such as:

https://www.pushdoctor.co.uk/

I hope that helps, all the very best.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you so much for your help!

You're very welcome indeed, glad I could help. If you could leva e a positive review I'd be really grateful. Wishing you the very best :)