Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

Is there any way I can get antidepressants without talking

Hi. Is there any way I can get antidepressants without talking to my gp.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I talked to my doctor about it and they keep giving me counselling but it doesn’t work. None
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have severe anxiety depression and ptsd. I’m suicidal quite often but I can go from really happy to wanting to kill myself within the space of 5 minutes
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: since I was 9. I’ve had counselling with 4 companies for a total of 5 years

Hi, if you didn't want to go through your GP there is an online doctor/prescribing service that may be able to help you. Obviously we do prefer you to go through the GP as it's on your formal records etc and they can follow you up and so on but this is also a valid option:

https://www.pushdoctor.co.uk/

I hope that helps, all the best.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi. I can’t afford that push doctor. It’s £45 per appointment. Is there anything else you could suggest?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is there any way I could go to a mental hospital?

Not really I'm afraid. Prescription only medications have to be signed by a doctor and that would be either through the NHS or privately which will always incur a fee. Lloyds Pharmacy also has an online service too which may be worth looking at. You would only go to a mental health clinic/hospital if referred by your GP.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay. It’s just that my gp is on the older side and I feel very judged when talking to him about my mental health. I’ll just see what happens. Thank you for your help

I understand. You are also always entitled to ask for a second opinion or to be referred to another GP for assessment. You're very welcome, all the very best.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Since you’re board certified can you prescribe me medication?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Or could you refer me to a gender consultant?

I'm very sorry this service is only for advice and we aren't permitted to prescribe or refer. Wishing you the best again.