Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I came out of hospital on Wednesday after having a knee op.

I came out of hospital on Wednesday after having a knee op. I find I'm vomiting all the time and can hardly keep anything down. My knee doesn't seem swollen but is very painful as I'm sick when I take the pain meds
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Not as far as I'm aware. I know that before when having a anisthetic it does lead to me being ill?
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so, just feeling awful

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Often opiates can cause a side effect of vomiting.

Such as oramorph, codeine, tramadol. If you are taking any of these, I would consider stopping them and using regular ibuprofen and paracetamol to see if this settles.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks, ***** *****'m on paracetamol, stopped codeine, I b profain is I believe no good if I'm on high blood pressure? What else can I take for pain, its really very painful?

So the only option short term are anti inflammatory medications. You can get Naproxen on prescription if Ibuprofen isn't helping, but I would suggest taking the ibuprofen short term for now, you won't need this long for something post operatively.