Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I woke up this morning with really bad vertigo. I've been

Hello, I woke up this morning with really bad vertigo. I've been feeling dizzy all day. Now when I try close my eyes to go to sleep it starts all over again and I get really dizzy and everything starts spinning. Is there anything I can do or take to help it go away?
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: Got a new prescription around 3 months ago. But I've been at hospital for a 'swollen' retna, but was told it's nothing to worry about
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have been getting random headaches like a swollen feeling at the back of my head but that doesn't happen a lot.

What is your age?

Do you have nausea, vomiting, headache, vision issues?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am 25 years old. I have nausea, feel like I'm about to vomit but I keep holding it back. And I have felt dizzy all day but at a bareable amount. When I stand up I struggle to walk without feeling like I'm off balance.

Thanks for the further information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes.

Unless you wish to speak in person, you can ignore the request for a phone call automatically generated by the website, not by me.

I am sorry for your symptoms. You can take any of these medicines which are available without a prescription;

1) dimenhydrinate and

2) meclizine.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay can you ignore the call request

Thanks for talking on the phone.

The causes of dizziness according to the decreasing incidence are;

1) Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) 20%

2) Vestibular 15%

3) Migraine and motion sensitivity 15%

4) Anxiety and depression 10%

5) Meniere's disease 7%

6) Cerebellar disease 6%

7) Transient ischemic attacks 5%

8) Orthostatic hypotension 4%

9) Other

The commonest cause in your age group is BPPV. You can do these exercises which should help you;

https://www.healthline.com/health/exercises-for-vertigo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkfq3EvhbbM

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay thank you

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

Stay blessed.