ravikumarr
ravikumarr,
Experience:  Expert
111548138

Earlier today I needed the toilet and began to urinate and I

Hi earlier today I needed the toilet and began to urinate and I stopped the urination a few times mid way sort of like holding a hose and got a sore stinging sharpness when doing so.Now 2 hours later I went to urinate again and at the end noticed a drop of blood on the toilet seat, then I checked my penis and the top had blood on it and I could see that coming out of the urethra was blood.Now I am very worried as im thinking I have damaged it or something?

Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Ravindran. I am a specialist in the field and I will be happy to help.I am sorry to hear about your concern. I will try my best to give you suggestions that help your concern. The answer does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic. I would like to inform that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site , I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.

Sometimes if the urine is concentrated,  then it can have  a bloody tinge.

Other conditions which cab cause blood in urine is urine infection and stones

You can get the urine checked with gp or can can go to a&e.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I didn’t seem really dehydrated, it’s just weird how it has happened after I held the urine earlier. Do you think doing that has damaged it?

You told me that it happened suddenly,  unless there has been a trauma to the genital area presently or previously, then it can't be fuwbto damage

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Not trauma but I was thinking stopping the urine from coming out the first time perhaps caused damage thus making it bleed the second time I went to the toilet

Firstly drink about 2 litres of water today and see.

I don't think that stopping urine can cause bleeding

If the red colout fades away then you don't need to worry much.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I should monitor it for now and see if it starts to go?

Please get the uriwn checked with gp surgery.  They do a very quick dip stick test to check for blood or infection.

Yes, please monoyiry

Monitor

Alternatively you can go to a&e

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok thankyou