Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I really wanted to ask on something. I am 43 days late since

Good morning
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I really wanted to ask on something. I am 43 days late since my last period. I basically skipped my period on April. But why do the pregnancy test keep showing negative if I have a strong feeling I am? Cramping on and off, sensitive breasts.
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: It is usually on 29-33 days
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No pain, just once in a while cramping. Can I stay in text?

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
And I would serve you with care and patience.

First I need to ask a few questions so that I can gather more information related to your health concerns; I am preparing & typing the questions now, and I will follow up with you.
NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.
We can continue our conversation now through text in this reply forum.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

When was your last menstrual period started?

Were your previous periods regular?

Are you taking any medications, birth control?

Weight changes?

History of unprotected sex?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
My last period began on 20th of March. My periods usually were from 29-33 days, roughly. This time I literally skipped it. No medications, birth control. I am in a long term relationship, married. Weight is fine, breasts seems a little bigger. What I am confused about - I Should be pregnant, right? I don't use any medication to confuse the result, except extra magnesium supplement.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Any chance I am pregnant, but the tests keep showing negative?

Please allow me just a few minutes.
I’ll reply to you back soon after reviewing it.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Sorry for the late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all this additional information.

I understand your concern.

And it’s my first privilege to pay attention and provide you with suggestions to relieve your discomfort/ worry.

As such there can be a variety of causes of missed periods like hormonal imbalance, weight gain, weight loss, PCOD, thyroid dysfunction, pregnancy to name a few.
If you are sexually active and have missed your period pregnancy, repeat a urine pregnancy tomorrow and morning urine sample should be used.
If it would be negative then other causes should be ruled out.
Hormone fluctuations can occur due to changes in diet, changes in sleep patterns, exercise routines, stress levels, etc. It can also be caused by any new medications even over the counter supplements or any recent illnesses
You should try vitamin C supplement, ginger tea, pineapple, parsley tea, maintain weight, do deep breathing to induce a period.
Otherwise, you should consult your gynecologist and your doctor may advise some form of progesterone to induce a period and further investigations like ultrasound, blood work like Thyroid function test, LH, FSH, etc may be advised for further diagnosis and management.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

Let me know if you have any further queries so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you for your answers. Do you think it's worth trying the Extra sensitive pregnancy test?

You can try.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you again for your time.

I wish you good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil