Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I am suffering with high anxiety at the moment, it's been

I am suffering with high anxiety at the moment, it's been happening for 7 days and has left me not eating and lacking in sleep
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: Personal circumstances
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have a history of mental health issues

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

The best way to deal with anxiety is a comprehensive approach. It can be treated by the following measures by yourself;

1) Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and operant-behavioral therapy (OBT); done by a psychologist but there is an internet-based approach nowadays too. CBT has higher efficacy and lower relapse rates.

2) Relaxation training and biofeedback.

3) Hypnosis

4) Acupuncture and acupressure

5) Yoga

6) Meditation

7) Group sporting activities

8) St. John's wort

9) Melatonin
10) Valerian root

11) Deep breathing exercises.

A major component of therapy involves understanding and assuring yourself that the symptoms are neither from a serious medical condition nor from a mental deficiency but rather from a chemical imbalance in the fight or flight response. Alprazolam (Xanax) has been widely used for anxiety disorder, but it is currently discouraged because of its higher dependence potential.

CBT helps to understand how automatic thoughts and false beliefs/distortions lead to exaggerated emotional responses, such as anxiety, and how they can lead to secondary behavioral consequences. Cognitive restructuring involves substituting positive thoughts and getting rid of negative thoughts. Some studies have suggested that high importance to religion and religious practices also improve anxiety symptoms and prevent recurrences.

Please feel free for your follow-up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I am calling you.

Please pick up the phone.

Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is also considered the most appropriate treatment for patients with insomnia. The components of CBT are;

1) Sleep hygiene education

2) Cognitive therapy

3) Relaxation therapy

4) Stimulus-control therapy

5) Sleep-restriction therapy

Phytotherapy for the treatment of insomnia is an exciting new therapeutic option, which might benefit patients suffering from different degrees of insomnia. Insomnia or sleeplessness is a disorder characterized by difficulty initiating or maintaining sleep. It affects sleep quality and quantity leading to increased morbidity. Sleep disturbances are thought to be caused by abnormalities of the circadian system as indicated by misalignments of the endogenous circadian cycle and the sleep-wake cycle. Several contributory factors may be involved such as stress, health status, and medicines (e.g. caffeine).

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Please cancel I misunderstood the service. I will contact my own gp

Okay.

I will ask customer service to refund the phone service.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Many thanks, ***** ***** will this take?

You may also contact;

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us

They would be tell exact time frame.