Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

Had an op to repair a hernia on Friday last and was

Had an op to repair a hernia on Friday last and was discharged on Saturday with a catheter. My urine has turned cloudy with specs of blood in it. I am feeling rather cold despite a temperature of 21c in my lounge. I am a widower and live alone.
JA: Have you used any medication for the hernia?
Customer: Just paracetamoll to relieve the pain
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the hernia?
Customer: Not since being discharged from hospital
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am on blood pressure tablets and have continuing bowel problem for which I take Laxido and bisacodyl

Thanks for using just answer

Your cloudy urine and blood means that you have a urine infection due to the catheter

If you call 111, they'll call a doctor to come to your house and give you some antibiotics to prevent you from having to be admitted to hospital. Its also likely a district nurse would need to come in to change the catheter.