Srividhya V S
Srividhya V S, Doctor
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Dr V S Srividhya
103130152

I have not had my period since august 2020. There is no

Hi, I have not had my period since august 2020. There is no chance I am pregnant. I have had unusual discharge on and off for the last 6 months.
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: I haven’t got a period in 9 months
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That’s it thank you
Hello.
Welcome to just answer.
I am Dr vazsv here to help you.
I would try my best to help you.The reason for your delayed periods might be due to anemia, hormonal changes, stress, hypothyroidism and of course normal delay in the physiology of menstruation.Please let me know your age..
How frequent were your cycles earlier?
Have you been through childbirth or abortions?
Are you on any contraceptives?
Any excessive change in weight pattern recently?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am 20 years old, my cycles were pretty regular my lasting 28-30 days. I was on the pill 2 years ago to regulate my periods but I have been off it a about a year. I have PCOS, my periods were fine until last august.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Never been through childbirth or abortion. No change in weight
Thank you for getting back with the prompt response.Your issues are related to the problem.PCOS is known to cause altered cycle pattern especially in your age group. The added fact that you have been on pills earlier correlates with the altered hormonal changes causing altered cycle pattern.I would suggest you to continue the medications advised by your physician for PCOS. You can also take iron supplements for atleast 3 months.A thyroid profile assessment would be if added value as hypothyroidism can coexist with pcos causing changes in monthly cycles.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have not been prescribed any pills for my PCOS. I will start to take iron.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I find it hard to lose weight, can we do a thyroid assessment
You can take iron supplements.Please plan for a thyroid hormone levels assessment..it would help in diagnosing any contributory changes.The increase in weight might be related to PCOS and also thyroid hormone levels.
Reduced thyroid hormone levels
Please let me know if you need any further information.
I would be glad to help you.
I hope my answer was helpful.
Wish you all good health always.
Take care.
Kind regards-Dr vazsv.