Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

No, no

JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: yes
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: no
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
How can I help?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am a little worried about something. I admit, I am a worrier, so it could be nothing, but I thought, I would ask an expert anyhow.My friend give some lip balm to give my Girlfriend for her Birthday yesterday. Obviously, it was unused and had not even been open. She used it, just fine, and we went out to have drinks and food, like we normally would for her Birthday.When we come back, we started to feel pretty unwell, with bad headaches and stomach cramps. My partner threw up a little bit, a couple of times. I had diarrhea which has carried on again today, and I also have, really bad stomach cramps, and feel sick. My partner feels better however.I noticed after all this had happened, that the lip balm, what my friend gave me, was at least 2 months out of date. Normally, I wouldn't really worry, but, I done some research and found that a bacteria called Enterococcus faecalis, can grow on it, and if you use, expired makeup, you can catch it.I never put it on myself, but my partner did, and do kiss a bit.I feel stupid writing this, but I am worried, and need to know, what is hapepning.Thanks!

Ok I understand your concerns.

Yes bacteria or virus can transmit from the lip balm if it was used before especially.

Small risk but it is there.

The symptoms you experienced may not be too serious to worry about.

But you can consider stool tests for reassurance.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Would I contact my GP for that then?

Yes better