Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Have an ongoing right foot problem. No swelling but tender

Have an ongoing right foot problem. No swelling but tender to stand on and there feels as if there is damage around the ankle/foot joint.
JA: How long have you had the tenderness? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: Been about a year but worsening of late. No medication but have been wearing an elasticated support for the ankle.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the tenderness?
Customer: No, partly because of Covid and secondly because it was bearable. However in the last week or two the pain is increasing and mobility is getting less.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not to my knowledge. Have always been active enjoying sport, however I am now 81 so those days are far behind me.

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Thee can be ligament laxity or tear around ankle and foot joint as common explanation.

You should see a foot surgeon to get checked properly.

Ankle brace for proper support and physical therapy to strengthen the ankle tendons will help long run.

Here is a link to some exercises that can be done at home as well:

https://www.footcaremd.org/resources/how-to-help/how-to-strengthen-your-ankle-after-a-sprain