Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I am 6.5 weeks pregnant with a unplanned pregnancy. I would

Hello, I am 6.5 weeks pregnant with a unplanned pregnancy.
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: I would like some advice on a few things if that is okay
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no just that

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

How can I help?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi, I am going to be as honest as I can with this question and I would like a completely honest answer from a medical point of view.I discovered that I am pregnant, this was unplanned. The dates have worked out that during the first 6 weeks of pregnancy (I am 6.5 weeks pregnant) I have been on antibiotics for a kidney infection (or which stated not to take whilst pregnant) I have also taken 2 types of morning after pills I’ve the last 6 weeks (again not knowing I was already pregnant and took these Becuase I was on antibiotics and was made aware that it stopped my contraception pill) which I was also taking.On top of this I have been heavily drinking. And I have taken cocaine once also.Me and my partner are thinking it’s maybe the right thing to do to terminate this pregnancy as we Have not given this pregnancy the best start and are worried it could effect the fetus. Is this correct?Really appreciate your honest opinionThanks

Hi there. So despite what you have been doing from a lifestyle point of view, this doesn't mean you cannot develop a health baby. I think the antibiotics is a low risk.

This is a moral question, only you can answer this as nobody can tell if if you should keep, or abort your pregnancy.

You need to decide if you can manage a pregnancy or would this cause problems for you having an unplanned birth.