Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I am suffering with Post Sepsis Syndrome and PTSD after

Hi, I am suffering with Post Sepsis Syndrome and PTSD after being in ICU ZFor 19 days with pneumonia and Sepsis, I have the most horrendous painful joints and muscles, I have insomnia and loads of other symptoms I just don't know where to go for help
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: If I stand, sit or walk for too long, the only comfortable place is my bed but zi am very very stiff and sore in the morning
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I now take beta blockers since my ICU admission

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff, thnk you for contacting us today

I am so sorry to hear that you have been through this. There is a good chance many of your issues are now Post Covid Syndrome.

Unfortunately there is not treatment to this as such, and will improve with time, however the key is addressing the symptoms.

Any ITU admission is traumatic and therefore it is understandable you feel like this.

As for the Psychological side of things, you should seek counselling to help address this as soon as possible. Medication is also an option such as antidepressants.

As for the symptoms you have, it would be worth arranging some repeat bloods to look for iron, b12, folate and vitamin D deficiency. These are important to check as can easily be replaced.

Hi, please could you respond to just one thread and avoid opening another.

It is good your bloods are normal, therefore you should address the psychological aspect of this.