Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have very visible sebaceous glands under my eye, I

I have very visible sebaceous glands under my eye, I understand medically this is not a problem but it bothers me appearance wise, is there anything I can do about this?

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

For how long you have this? Can you share a picture?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Here is a photo. It’s been like this for about a year

Thanks a lot for your patience and I appreciate it. Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take a few minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific questions, please let me know.

If you want a phone call, I am available to call you. We can stay in the chat as well. Regards

Respected customer, thanks a lot for your input, and thanks again for visiting justanswer.com! A great place where you can find guidance and/or solution from real experts. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Even I would get tense in this situation. Yes, this is just a cyst. Can be a meibomian gland cyst. You can't do anything for it because if it has not gone away in one year then this is an indication to get it removed surgically if you want. If it is not bothering you otherwise, then you can leave it as such as well but I am sorry, trying anything yourself can damage your eyes. However, I reassure you in the same way as I would have assured some of my family members that there is nothing serious behind this so please don't stress yourself.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply as I am happy to address follow-up questions. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. I will be glad to help you always. If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link, please –

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-hasan/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you, it’s more like a lot of very tiny skin coloured bumps covering under my eyes ( I’m not actually sure they are properly visible in the photo) ... on both eyes, is there a way these can be surgically removed?

Those are milia spots and your dermatologist can remove them as well. You are welcome dear, respected, and valuable customer. Your satisfaction is my prime goal. Have we discussed everything that you wanted? Thank you for choosing justanswer.com. Have a good day. Please remember to add me to your favorite doctor. Regards