Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I have an itchy bum, about 8 weeks, no

I have an itchy bum
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: about 8 weeks
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

I am sorry to hear this. Is this worse at a particular time of day such as night?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi it’s bad all the time really, maybe slightly more noticeable at night I can send pictures if you want?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It’s quite embarrassing but I need to fix it
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I also had a baby 18 months ago via emergency c section but I did get to the pushing stage, I can see a a lump of skin or something near my bum hole and I’ve also neve le had anything like this before

Sorry for my delay. This sounds like you have a small haemorrhoid which can cause this. It is also possible to have a small fistuala near the anus which can slowly leak causing irritation.

I would suggest getting someone to examine you first to clarify this. Topical steroids can be used if this is a haemorrhoid to settle this and relief your symptoms.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok Thankyou for your help, I did use steroid cream a few weeks ago which did settle the itch but as soon as I came off it, it was bad again

I can only imagine. See what your doctor thinks. It certainly doesn't sound concerning, but frustrating.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks very much for your help and understanding.

That is my pleasure. All the best.