Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

On Thursday and Friday I went to the gym for the first time

Hi there, on Thursday and Friday I went to the gym for the first time in years so as expected I am aching. I have pain on both sides of my chest however my right side usually only hurts when I move yet my left side hurts when I’m not moving. I’m just worried it is more of a problem as I can’t seem to get rid of the pain when I call it a pain it isn’t even that painful I would say more uncomfortable
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: I have not had this before and not particularly I can breathe fairly freely
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not really other than I am 21 years old

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Respected customer, thanks a lot for your input, and thanks again for visiting justanswer.com! A great place where you can find guidance and/or solution from real experts. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Even I would get tense in this situation. This is due to the accumulation of lactic acid in your muscles and is a very common issue after exercise. This has nothing to do with your heart. Position-related pain is always muscular. You should take over-the-counter available tablet Advil 400 mg thrice daily for 5 days, massage the area with Bengay gel twice daily for 2 weeks, and use heating pads to the area twice daily for 2 weeks. I reassure you in the same way as I would have assured some of my family members that there is nothing serious behind this so please don't stress yourself.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply as I am happy to address follow-up questions. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. I will be glad to help you always. If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link, please –

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-hasan/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you I appreciate it. Is it also possible for the pain to feel deeper in the body than just the surface of my chest. And the fact it started a few days after the workout is the lactic acid still a liable explanation

Yes, such aches can start a couple of days after the exercise. Yes, you can feel it deeper. It's actually about how you perceive it. You are welcome dear, respected, and valuable customer. Your satisfaction is my prime goal. Have we discussed everything that you wanted? Thank you for choosing justanswer.com. Have a good day. Please remember to add me to your favorite doctor. Regards