How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Elliot Ruff Your Own Question
Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 3919
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Elliot Ruff is online now

Concerns about lump, soft, no

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: concerns about lump
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: soft
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

I am sorry to hear of your concerns, please tell me more about this lump?

Is it visible on a photo?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
HiThank you . I have noticed some lumps on my anus area.

And how long have these been present?

Do they bleed or cause pain?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am not sure. I know I had them around 4 years ago after child birth. The GP saw them and said they could be gential warts but it has been worrying me a lot lately.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No pain or bleeding
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
shall i send a photo ?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
sorry are you still there ?

Thanks, ***** ***** are common post child birth. Certainly warts can cause this as well.

If you are happy to provide a photo then yes thanks.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
hello have we lost connection ?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (PQ5QQL7)
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
did you get the photo ok

Thanks. These do not look like warts, more like haemorrhoids.

I would consider a referral to a surgeon to have these banded and therefore removed.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Do they look cancerous ?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can you do a referral or do I need to speak with my GP ?

They do not look cancerous. Sorry but we cannot refer via this website, this would need to come from your GP for NHS, or you can refer yourself directly if paying.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How do i refer myself ?

you can phone a local private provider or hospital and request a Lower GI Surgeon appointment.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
does it need to be treated quickly ?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
what should I do now?

This doesn't seem urgent, so no.

You can either call your GP and ask for a referral, or contact a private provider yourself to refer but this would be at cost to yourself.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you

That is my pleasure, take care.

Elliot Ruff and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you